[plug] Red Hat 7

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Tue Sep 26 12:37:56 WST 2000

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 12:30:59PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> Any idea what kernel it uses? The web pages say that it is "2.4 ready";
> indicating that whatever kernel it uses, can be replaced with the 2.4
> kernel (if I understand that right), but, I could not find what kernel
> it uses.

Does it matter?  With the exception of major number changes (e.g. 2.0 ->
2.2), it really doesn't make that much of a difference because you can
just install whatever kernel you want.  But, given that 2.2.17 has been
out for a little while now, it would seem likely that it uses this.

> And, of course, this comes, just after we started replacing my RH 5.2
> with 6.2...

See, if you were running Debian then the prospect of upgrading wouldn't
bother you in the slightest...