[plug] Mandrake7.2/XConfigurator

Bruce Fountain B_Fountain at motherwell.com.au
Tue Apr 3 15:01:51 WST 2001

Hi guys,

tried to install Storm/Debian onto my P60 on the weekend,
but ran into problems because it couldn't see my CDROM (a
soundblaster, go figure?).

Last night I tried again, this time with Mandrake 7.2.
Much better luck this time, although I had to start again
after it hung installing the packages (30sec remaining of
50min, bugger!).

Got it installed, and it boots okay, but it hung on the
last step where it configures X. So now I have a working
system but no GUI. I tried running XConfigurator manually
but it just throws up the initial banner, hangs for a few
seconds, and exits.

Any suggestions? It doesn't give me any sort of error
message. Could I be missing something that XConfigurator
depends on? I did cut things down fairly ruthlessly with
a custom install. I have an old Diamond Stealth. It was
working okay with RH5.1.

Bruce Fountain

This email and any files transmitted with it from Mi Services
Group may contain information which is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.
If it is not addressed to you, please immediately contact
nzpostmaster at mi-services.com and do not use, disclose,
copy, distribute or retain any of it without our authority.