[plug] Languages

Bruce Fountain B_Fountain at motherwell.com.au
Wed Apr 4 14:14:00 WST 2001

Mike Holland wrote:
> 1) use yacc
>        Yacc reads the grammar specification in the file  filename
>        and generates an LR(1) parser for it.  The parsers consist
>        of a set of LALR(1) parsing tables and  a  driver  routine
>        written  in  the  C  programming  language.
>
> 2) Start with an existing extensible language like forth or Tcl.
>    Tcl lets you create your own commands and syntax, and has
> an excellent
>    gui toolkit 'Tk'.

Other extensible languages include perl, python and guile.

Bruce

This email and any files transmitted with it from Mi Services
Group may contain information which is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.
If it is not addressed to you, please immediately contact
nzpostmaster at mi-services.com and do not use, disclose,
copy, distribute or retain any of it without our authority.