[plug] OT: 10/100 hubs

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Apr 11 09:30:07 WST 2001

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Bill Kenworthy wrote:

> Interesting - at home (10m coax) I get just under 1Mbps using ncftp to
> measure on 100Mb + files linux-linux or linux-windows.  At work (100Mbps

Eh?? Surely you mean 1MB/s ? Thats 'B' for byte and 'b' for bit.
If you are not confused there, I sure am.

> the network fast enough.  Bing shows the work bandwidth being between 85
> and 95 Mhz depending on traffic - basicly you need to use the same tools

No sense measuring data 'bandwidth' in Hz, but IKWYM.

> > usually get is around 7MB/s at the best of times (measured with tcpblast).
> > Does this sound about right for a 100 mbps network?

Something is saturating. To see if its the switch, connect two PCs with a
crossover cable, and try the test.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--