[plug] the west

Grant Malcolm gmalcolm at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Sat Apr 21 21:02:48 WST 2001

> Well, I have now. Eeeek. It's quite eerie seeing my words in print. :)

ditto

but haughty? paranoid?

harummmph! who said that?

;-)

> Oh well, at least he got some good value content out of us. I was about to
> say that I wished he'd emphasised the point a bit more (with his question
> about video editing apps) that this was perhaps a slightly out of the
> mainstream application.

NM -> "my list was fairly ordinary"

The inclusion of video editing is anything but ordinary on win (and linux)
at present. Only six months ago i had to order an ieee1394 card from
interstate as none of the usual local sources stocked them. That hardly
would lead you to believe that many people are doing video editing on
their win pc's.

But DV editing is pretty mainstream-ish for Mac users, so i can't imagine
but that the demand isn't going to sky-rocket for other platforms as
ieee1394 enabled video cameras become the home video camera of choice.

Cheers
Grant