[plug] Running sendmail etc. on dial up connection

The Thought Assassin assassin at live.wasp.net.au
Mon Apr 23 11:47:49 WST 2001

On 22 Apr 2001, Flipper wrote:
> I was hoping to run Apache and Sendmail on my linux box, well they're
> running but not very eventfully on the internet however I don't have a
> static IP as I'm on a dial up account...

See recent thread about dynamic DNS providers.

> Also I'm behind a Win ME box on a network... Can i set up Apache adn
> Sendmail to be accessable on the internet

Presumably it is the Win ME box that is talking on the dynamic IP in
question, then? In that case, you will have to do port forwarding on the
Win ME box. No idea whether ME will do that, but it would be pretty sad
for a modern operating system not to. I'd be inclined to let the Linux box
act as the gateway for the windows box, instead, though.

-Greg