[plug] Blocking of Port 80

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 14 22:16:06 WST 2001

What do people make of the following e-mail I recieved from iiNet support
after access to port 80 inbound refused to work? (HTTPS works sweet, HTTP
connection timeout)
I run a small dyndns.org machine so I can try out things like webmail, php,
cgi, etc.
I also know of a few people not with iiNet and some overseas who are having
similar problems.

ipchains input ACCEPT, output ACCEPT, forward MASQ (hey this e-mail had to
get out somehow :-)

Is this a little too helpful for an ISP, or are they just protecting the
great unwashed?

Regards,

Craig Foster

Sent Tue 14/08/2001 1:43 AM