[plug] Mail Lists (was Mail Servers and before that Mail Delivery options)

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Thu Aug 23 10:31:33 WST 2001

I've been really impressed with Listar.  It's fairly lightweight, and
has an abundance of features.  There's a nifty web-based config tool
available, and email based config and moderation is all cookie-based.
Yup, that means no plain text passwords and weird things in email.

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 09:26:18AM +0800, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> One thing I'd like to be able to do is to filter mail messages and attachments,
> and convert HTML content to Plain Text content. Basically, I'd like to be able
> to do HTML-enhanced newsletters & the like, but give subscribers the option of
> using HTML or not, without having to manually do 2 versions. I've looked at
> html2text which'll do the actual conversion - I just need to figure out how to
> run it over HTML content in a mail pipe.

Although I haven't had the time to test all of it, Listar does seem to
have support for what you need.  I also particularly like the option
of blocking of moderating any posts above a certin size.  It stops
people sending inline uuencoded files and things, which attachment
blocking can't do alone.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Spoon-feeding, in the long run,
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | teaches us nothing but the shape of