[plug] links web browser

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Aug 23 16:42:29 WST 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Andrew Francis wrote:

> Can I suggest "links" as a superior alternative? It does sane rendering of
> things like frames and tables, and supports lots of lynx-type command line

Thanks Andrew! It looks great - frames, colour, mouse support, oh my.

But the name. Given that "lynx" was obviously a play on "links" in the
first place, how lame is it calling the new one "links"? It just aint
funny.
  And its likely to be confusing. The "gnu" name was so confusing
(supposed to be pronounced "new") that everybody started pronouncing the
silent 'g'.
   Wow ... I just tried reading slashdot with 'links'. Fantastic. Why
didnt I hear about this before?  Whats a good Linux magazine-style
web-site for reading about new programs like that?

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--