[plug] Web database stuff - Bollocks

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Aug 23 16:47:40 WST 2001

Arkem wrote:

> P.S Oh by the way before I forget, the Bollocks in the title is there
> for a reason. Trevor I know you have Bollocks in Perl... how is that
> going? What I'm working on is probably similar to Bollocks, any
> chance of seeing the source?

I wondered if that was coincidence after the recent Bollocks talk, or a direct
reference. ^_^

Yes, the current BETA of my Bollocks was written in Perl, with a MySQL back-end
database. I'm rewriting chunks of it in EDO, using the same DB structure, but
with my busy "life" schedule, I don't get much development time...

Glossary:
   BOLLOCKS - Big Online Loaner Library Of Certain Kewl Stuff. Hey, none of the
beta testers had any better suggestions. ^_^ It's a web-based DB of DVDs, CDs,
Books, etc, geared towards loaning stuff to your friends. Sorta like DVD
Profiler, but not just DVDs, and I think it's been actively used for longer...
^_^
   EDO - Extensible Data Objects. A parser of my own creation for embedding DB
stuff within HTML, using custom HTML markups, designed specifically for
throwing together simple yet powerful DB apps.

If you're new to Perl, then I don't think the BOLLOCKS source would help. Yes,
it's fairly well structured & all, but it's also rather complex for a "My First
Web & SQL App".

And EDO hasn't been documented or released in a public form yet - but it's in
the works! ^_^;;

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :