[plug] Touchscreen Update

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Aug 23 16:49:35 WST 2001

G'day all,
Well, if anyone ever wants to drive a touchscreen with XFree4, I can
recommend Microtouch screens..

Plug it in, add the config section to your config file, restart X
and it just works.. and it just works well for pure X apps..

Win4lin has a problem with it, as does wine, but I have come up with a
kludge for wine which solves it nicely..

I have an NEC myltisync 15" CRT with the touchscreen, and a
Samsung 15" TFT with one fitted also..
The Samsung is a Sexy screen..

Microtouch do not officially support linux as far as I can tell, but they
release more than enough technical details about the screens and drivers
to enable the XFree people to do a fantastic job with the driver..

--
Brad....
                   /"\