[plug] stupid newbie question

Christian Müller mullerc at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 30 12:15:41 WST 2001

Tim,

edit the /etc/fstab file, there should be a line which has something like

/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto and then it says either default, users, etc and is
followed by some numbers. If it says user, change the it to users, I think
that should work. also read the man page for fstab, that should give you
more information than I just gave you here. just type

$ man fstab

at your prompt and it should tell you all you need to know.

Christian

it