[plug] VNC configuration

Victoria marks at omninet.net.au
Mon Dec 10 08:33:24 WST 2001

Hi all

I have a couple of questions on vnc server and X vncclient configuration
that
don't seem to be covered in the documentation. At least not  that I
could find.

I would like to start the vnc server on the host system by telnet in and
starting
vncsever options hostname :1

Each time I start it however vncsever leaves behind in
/tmp/X11-unix/,   a file  =X1..X2 and so on each time its started
hence I need to choose a higher display number each time am I doing
something wrong?
Do I need to write some kind of script of my own to tidy up when
vncserver is shutdown.

Is there any way to have the sound mixer attach to any display rather
than just :0
ie display :1 on the vncserver ?

Mark