[plug] Linux Network Support

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Fri Dec 14 00:47:20 WST 2001

I'm looking at upgrading my Networking, and my Linux gateway has a
10Mbps card, and I want to upgrade it to 100Mbps. There's a cheapo
Kingmax/Bromax NIC 10/100, but I can't find any tech info on it. Does
anyone know what chipset it has (and if it's supported by Linux)?

Similarly with a Netcomm 10/100. Anyone used it?

On a related topic, I'm also looking at 10/100 switches (preferrably 16
port). Again, the Kingmax comes in cheaper, but with hard to track down
stats, so anyone with experience who can fill me in would be good!!
(Basically, are they "cheap", or are they "inexpensive"...)

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :