[plug] Linux Network Support

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Fri Dec 14 09:21:42 WST 2001

Craig Foster wrote:

> Kingmax NICs! Urgh!! Had lots of them timeout using the linux drivers of
> yore (18 mths back)

Hmmm, I'll avoid them for now then, I think.
Do they have their own chipset then?

> I'd also recommend NetGear FA-310TX for a named tulip card (DEC 21140
> chip).
> (that's if J.Mills can keep open unlike EdSys round the corner - Do'h!
> :P )

Hmmmm. The NetGear is still twice the price of the Netcomm... Not that
we're talking huge amounts of money here, though... ^_^

> In other words... The kingmax is the one I have at home. leeching @ lan
> parties is about as much work as it gets :)

Cool! Could you tell me some of its stats? (Do you know what its
Backplane is?) I assume it's auto-sense, full duplex? Have you done any
actual throughput tests to see if you're getting full performance?

Thanks...

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :