[plug] Linux Network Support

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Dec 14 15:19:06 WST 2001

> The Kingmax card I'm currently using (and I have a spare one sitting
> in front of me) is labled Kingmax Fast Ethernet Adapter 10/100Mbps
> and it definately uses the Realtech 8139 chipset (the chip on the
> network card is actually a Realtech 8139C) these work and cost
> approximately $25 (depending on where you buy) for a few extra
> dollars you can get a similar Netcomm card but a lot of them are
> using the exact same chips.
Weird. I've generally used AOpen rtl8139 jobs, and the Kingmax cards we
had at home definitely weren't realtek based. Perhaps they just put on
the cheapest chipset available at the time? Ours wanted the tulip
driver.

I'd look at the cards to check but for the obvious problem of their
utter destruction and disposal.

--
Craig Ringer
IT Manager