[plug] 3d problem

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Thu Dec 27 15:20:54 WST 2001

Well my T-Bird 1.2 box has an MSI K7T Pro 2 motherboard based on the VIA
chipset and I've got a 64Mb DDR Geforce 2 GTS graphics card that I used
with the T-Bird 1.2 and I've never had a problem like you guys are
describing?

My main box is now the Athlon XP 1600+ with an MSI K7T266 Pro 2 (VIA
KT266A) chipset motherboard still with the same graphics card above.  I
used to run Win98SE perfectly with that setup (now run Win XP Pro).

I know that at first when I had my T-Bird 1.2 box, I had a few lockups
due to it overheating during games (high CPU utilization), but after I
got some better cooling for it, it ran 100% properly.  For comparison,
my XP 1600+ (1.4Ghz) is currently running at 46 degrees idle, and before
that, it was at 49 degrees whilst I was playing Counter-Strike online a
short time ago.  Now thats in my fairly warm room in Broome, I do have
some fairly extreme cooling though for it (no, not peltier extreme :p).

I personally think that anything over 50 degrees when idle is a tad hot
for an Athlon (or probably a Duron), unless you're in some pretty damn
hot ambient temperatures.

Whats the specs on the box that you are running Christian?

/ Ben