[plug] 3d problem

Christian Müller mullerc at iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 27 15:34:08 WST 2001

Ben,

My specs:

Full Tower w/ 300 Watt PS
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
384 MB PC133 SDRam
SB Live Value
Geforce 2 MX 400
2 Hdds,
CD-writer
Pioneer DVD
3Com Soho Network Card,
Athlon XP 1600+

I read something about the GF 2MX having some problems with the via
chipset. I might just borrow a card from a computer store to see if that
fixes the problem. I did not have time in the last year to get to the
bottom of the problem. It does not affect any of the other computer stuff,
just gaming. I don't do much of that anyway, just an hour or two on the
weekends. SO it is not really a great loss, just very annoying.

I never had any problems due to the CPU overheating, I sometimes run things
on this box over night with 100% CPU utilisation and yet have to experience
a lock up!.

Christian