[plug] Debian install apt HELP!

Adam Davin blade_badger at bigfoot.com
Fri Feb 2 21:33:59 WST 2001

I've just started a debian install using HTTP for getting files,
unfortunately, whilst waiting for my other linux box to connect the
download timed out and gave me a login with about 40mb still to download /
install.

Q: where does apt live (have tried locate, ls | grep but to no avail as yet
)

Q2: where does apt keep its log of the install process and does it contain
a record of those files that weren't downloaded / installed

Debian mentioned something about using install to finish off at a later
date have tried install and doesn't give much info... I seem to be missing
man, mc and most everything else that I can think of to try to make this
job easier

MTIA

Adam Davin