[plug] Loadlin

Squirrel squirrel at emerge.net.au
Thu Feb 15 17:25:25 WST 2001

Hi all I have been trying to start my dual boot linux system from a dos boot disk useing loadlin
below is a copy of my lilo.conf

boot = /dev/hda
timeout = 50
linear
prompt
message = /boot/message
default = dos
vga = normal
read-only
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-22
label = linux
initrd = /boot/initrd-2.2.16-22.img
root = /dev/hda5
other = /dev/hda2
label = dos

I have no problems starting the system from lilo boot i.e linux or dos
But I have not been able to start linux from loadlin
I have tried the following and in all cases I get image file not found
What am I doing wrong.
My system has 195 meg ram

loadlin linux root=/dev/hda5 ro
loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/hda5 ro
loadlin vlmlinuz-2.2.16-22 root=/dev/hda5 ro
loadlin vlmlinuz-2.2.16-22.img root=/dev/hda5 ro
loadlin initrd-2.2.16-22.img root=/dev/hda5 ro
loadlin vmlinuz boot=/dev/hda1 ro
loadlin vmlinuz boot=/dev/hda ro

I have also tried all the above with a space before and after '='