[plug] virus scanning and postfix

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Jan 1 10:48:30 WST 2001

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 07:51:38AM +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> How do you go about setting postfix up to virus scan email?  I have
> stumbled across the header_check command and see that there is the
> possibility to specify programs to filter mail entering/leaving postfix,
> but cannot find detailed instructions or a gpl/free etc type scanner for
> linux/postfix.  Can someone give some a URL or two so I can read up on
> this - the postfix faq/website just glosses over this as far as I can
> find.  Particularly interested in checking scripts in HTML after
> receiving two tainted messages recently, as well as quarantining
> executables and vbs attachments etc.  I cannot just delete them, but do
> need to actively check before they get to a windoze box.

This is not exactly what you're looking for but it might be useful.  You
can get some procmail scripts which neutralise JavaScript and other
executable content (incl. some HTML) in emails.  One of these is
maintained by John Hardin who seems to keep it pretty up to date but
I think there are others.  Do a search on Freshmeat.  BTW, procmail is
also probably required if you want to filter entire emails through
anti-virus scanners.