[plug] New subscriber

Paul Day bonfire at bur.st
Mon Jan 1 17:47:26 WST 2001

Actually, iiNet has no less support for any other distro of Linux.

When the policy on Linux support was last laid down by iiNet's old Head of
Support (Glen Lewis) about a year and a half ago, iiNet supported:
- Linux connection issues, primarily using pppd with PAP or scripted
login.
- Netscape
- pine and elm
- tin

That's from the top of my head - I can't find the email. They don't
support one distribution any more than another - you'll probably find it
hard getting much linux help from iiSupport. If you get a Linux user on
the phone - they'll probably be more than happy to help. Probably get more
luck from lists like this. :)

Personally, I choose RedHat over Mandrake - but you'll probably find them
just as easy/difficult to setup.

The sepcs of your machine are more than enough to get Linux working, but
if you plan on trying to get X-windows working aswell, it will be a
little on the slow side.

As for the error you've got: When did that error come up? As soon as
fdisk/disk-druid loaded or as you tried to write the allocations to the
disk?

PD

--
Paul Day