[plug] More obscure problems: Netscape roaming, Coda

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Tue Jan 2 11:05:47 WST 2001

While I'm at it, here are some more obscure problems that someone might
be able to throw some light on:

1. I've set up Netscape roaming profiles with an LDAP server.  It seems
   to work, but none of the things in the profile that I am trying to
   synchronise are actually being synchronised.  Dumping the data to
   an LDIF file I find that only my user information is in there, and
   nothing else (eg. bookmarks, contacts...).  Netscape doesn't report
   any errors.

2. I'm trying to set up coda.  The server configures successfully and
   the client seems to do so also.  However when I try to start the
   client it says:

     GetRootVolume: can't get volinfo for root volume (coda:root)!

   and the server says:

      VLDB_Lookup: no more records in VLDB

   They do this every 15 seconds.

It's probably hoping a bit much, but does anyone have any ideas?

--
Independent consulting solicitor* | _ .__ ._ _    |\/| _.| _ _ |._ _
and technology consultant.**    \_|(/_|(/_| | |\/ |  |(_||(_(_)|| | |
* http://www.ilaw.com.au ** http://www.terminus.net.au jm at ilaw.com.au