Postfix/fetchmail Re: [plug] meeting?

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 10 02:32:18 WST 2001

Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Bret Busby wrote:
>
> > We tried the procmail thing, and, all our email stuffed up, so that was
> > discontinued.
>
> OK so you don't want to put it on a live system, which is understandable,
> and of course you don't have a test system lying around, but how about
> the following?

Anne set it up,  and tried it on the server, which was live. Email got
stuffed. It was live. The procmail stuff got turned off, so we could use
email again.

I believe that, when you did suggest using procmail, it was suggested as
a band-aid fix, and, not as an ongoing solution. What happened here,
when the procmail solution was applied, was simple. No email.

I thought it reasonable, to ask whether anyone familiar with postfix,
would be going to the next UCC meeting, which meetings, I understood,
were supposed to be workshop meetings, to help people.

Instead, the response seems to be, "Stuff the workshop meetings. Don't
bother going to them. Publish all your settings, and, any information
that may slip through, on the mailing list."

Also, going to a UCC meeting, would have meant that both Anne, and I
could be present, and, both learn at the same time, instead of me
messing with stuff that I don't know, and, probably compounding the
problem.

However, if we are to be discouraged, via the list, from attending the
workshop meetings,to obtain help, then, so be it.

It is unfortunate, if we can't attend the meetings, to. obtain
assistance, and, if we get the personal insults, from the gratuitous
maker of insults, who previously acknowledged his role on the list.

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988