[plug] Crashing when switching to X

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 11:19:43 WST 2001

Hi guys,

I have an old (P150) Thinkpad laptop which has RH6.2
on it.

When I have X running but am currently in a console,
if I switch back into X, and the machine is at all
busy, it completely locks up (including network). The
display also has a series of coloured vertical lines.

Fortunately I have journalling, so I don't lose any
data, but it always happens at the (near) worst times.

Anyone seen this before? Could it be a BIOS problem?

TIA

Andrew

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?