[plug] Celeron vs Duron

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Jan 24 10:56:04 WST 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Dennis Plester wrote:

> A friend of mine currently has a Celeron 400 running on a BX chipset
> motherboard, and is currently considering his upgrade options. They are

But you never said why he wanted to upgrade. The days when nonone ever had
a fast enough PC are history. Are you sure the CPU is a priority?
First consider more memory, if its swapping.

> primarily plays games, and surfs the net. His system does not have any

Maybe get a bigger screen, faster 3D card, or DSL modem?

>  He previously had a real bad experience with

Then if it aint broke ...

[sorry I cant comment on Celeron/Duron :( ]

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--