[plug] ISPs Bizzpro

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Wed Jan 24 13:01:00 WST 2001

Here's a copy of the letter I recieved this morning from Chris
Crawford of Bizzpro:

----------------------
Hi Ari Finander
First thing the only way you can change your Password is by Contacting
me
Second thing All our customers were email let them now that our News
Server would be down for a 2 weeks as its
being relocated its possible you didn't get the email as it was about
the time you started with us and im sorry about that
third thing is the shell server i have checked your account on our
shell server and it works fine for me
Fourth thing this is the first email that i have received from you and
im not impressed with what you wrote on the Plug List
!

AMF wrote:

  Hello,

  This is the third time I've sent this email in as many days to
  admine at bizzpro.com.au (supposedly the email for the help desk,
according
  to the 'Welcome to Bizzpro' email I received).  I have received NO
  response at all from Bizzpro to my emails.  I need to know how to
change
  my password (there's no easilly accessible information on the
Bizzpro
  home page for this or in the 'Welcome to Bizzpro' email).  I've
tried to
  log into the shell account to change my password, but
  shell.bizzpro.com.au does not accept my username and password.
  news.bizzpro.com.au does not appear to exist according to Netscape
4.76
  or Outlook Express 5.  I'd really like to follow up on my newsgroup
  posting and this has not been possible since I signed up on Tuesday.
  Again, this is the third email I've sent to you, and I really would
  appreciate a response and some answers to 1) how to change the login
  password, 2) what's going on with the news server, and 3) why the
shell
  account won't allow me to login.

  Sincerely,
  Ari Finander
  finander at bizzpro.com.au
  afinander at netscape.net
  --
  Donating bone marrow is a one day procedure done under general
  anaesthetic (you don't feel the procedure) and all you end up with

--
Chris Crawford
IT Manager
chris at bizzpro.com.au
ICQ 2835288

---------------------------

1- What ISP makes you request a password through them?  I've never,
ever, had to let someone else know my login password when setting it.
2- Noone bothered to inform me that the news server would be down for
2 weeks when I signed up.  I wouldn't have signed up had I been
informed of this.
3- What you say in your letter to me, and in the reply below,
contradict re: shell server access.  To me you say it works fine for
you, then below in your plug response you say that only people who
request access can use it.  I wouldn't have bothered to try and access
shell had there been a note in the 'Welcome to Bizzpro' email stating
that access is available by request only.
4- It's unfortunate that you're not impressed with the poor opinion I
have of Bizzpro.  Perhaps improving service would help.

Now, to the message from Chris to the plug mailing list:

Original message from: Chris Crawford <chris at bizzpro.com.au>

No, you did not reply to my emails.  The afinander at netscape.net
acocunt (my reply address) has not received any emails from you, and
the only email I received was the one from you today posted above.
All emails sent to you were via my Bizzpro account.  Perhaps the
account is not delivering your mail: you say in the above letter that
the email you replied to this morning was the first you've received,
but then say here that you replied days ago...please clarify this
apparent contradiction.  I should note that the first two emails were
sent to admin at bizzpro.com.au listed as "System Help Desk" in the
'Welcome to Bizzpro' email and the contact email link on Bizzpro's web
pages.

>You cannot access our shell
>server because we only allow access to those who ask; as the majority
of
>our customers do not want or need shell access.

That should have been made clear in the 'Welcome to Bizzpro' email.
Also, why tell me that you can access it without problems (with my
account??) and then say here it's available on request only?

>We have gone through
>major upgrades and one of the last of these is our news server. It
has
>taken much longer than we had hoped / wished for it to happen.

It would have been nice to have been informed of this when I signed
up, and that you would not have a functional news server for two
weeks.

>We do
>provide shell access and 7 - day support so why not try and pick up
the
>phone and give us a call and ask us directly why or checking your
email
>for our replies instead of slandering my company with incorrect
>information.

I'm not always able to call during your help desk hours of 9am - 7pm,
so I expected my emails to be sufficient:
"Please remember that if you have any queries we can be contacted on
voice: 9331 8051, Monday to Saturday 9am till 7pm or by
email: admin at bizzpro.com.au" (from the 'Welcome to Bizzpro' email)

>Ari Finander wrote:
>

>> Bizzpro SUCKS!  They are almost the worst ISP I have EVER been
with!
>> >From the moment I paid them things haven't gone right.  They don't
>> reply to emails (I've sent at least one a day since I signed up
with
>> them on Tuesday, first to their helpdesk email and then to the
>> helpdesk email plus the other two emails listed in the 'Welcome to
>> Bizzpro' auto-email).  I cannot access the shell account.  Their
news
>> server does not appear to exist.  There're no instrucitons for
>> changing my login password (I would try to change it by telnetting
>> the shell, but that does not recognise my username and password).
>> Even when we first tried to log on, I had to ring them and get a
new
>> password because the one they assigned wouldn't even let me dial
in.
>> They claim to provide shell access, news access, and 7-day
>> support...yet I can't get to the shell account, I haven't been able
>> browse newsgroups except with deja since I signed with them, and
they
>> don't return ANY emails!  Not only that, but the connections are
>> choppy (like their system doesn't want to keep sending the data
until
>> it takes a few deep breaths) and I keep getting lagged out of
online
>> tournament games with Red Alert II (which counts as a tournament
LOSS