[plug] OT: ADSL Telstra reliability/continuity of service vs others

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Mon Jul 2 09:58:09 WST 2001

	From what Ive heard, Optus cable support is very good.

	Not that it matters to us, we cant get it here.

	Ive also heard that most Optus support is pretty good, save for
having to wait in a phone queue. Supposedly the people actually know what
they are talking about to some extent, whereas Telstra support is a bunch of
monkey's with pre-defined 'scripts'... Throw them a question thats not on
the script and they are suddenly lost. I had this when I wanted the virtual
tunnel reset and the guy couldnt understand that since I was running Linux I
could diagnose the problem for him basically, he just wanted to hear a
Windows Error from his script.

	Anyway, its back to dialup for me, probably optus.

	I guess next time I get broadband will be when and if Optus open up
XYZed to residential customers. I wouldnt get Telstra ADSL again if they
paid *me* $89 pm.