[plug] Remote mail query/idea

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Jul 4 16:01:12 WST 2001

I'm sure you have all heard enough from me today.. however I have
One more I'd like to bounce..

I currently use one machine for E-mail.. Polling 4 pop-boxes with
Linux-Netscape/Win4lin and 3 copies of Eudora..
I'm looking at consolidating this to fetchmail/procmail and mutt.

Now, I also like to check/read/reply-to my E-mail at home...
Easy you say, ssh into work and fire up mutt remotely..

Nice, but means a long connect time if I'm STD somewhere..
What I propose to do is keep duplicate mail spools on my work box and
laptop, and sync them with rsync.
Therefore, fetchmail/procmail can keep my work spool up to date, and
I can dial in from home and quickly update my laptop.
If I send mail from my laptop through my home isp, it gets stored in
my sent mail folder, and next time I dial in and rsync, my sent mail
folder gets updated..
Storage space is no problem, thats why I have a 30GB drive in my laptop.

What say you.. ? Will it work ?

--
Brad....
                   /"\