[plug] xinerama (yet again!)

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Wed Jul 11 15:57:28 WST 2001

	Thatd be nice...let me know when youve synced and Ill flip you a cd.

	I downloaded all the X, kde and qt rpms for mandrake cooker from
aarnet (the mirror appeared) and then it complained about 400 million
different dependencies I needed... so I guess I should upgrade entirely to
the cooker rpms?

	Do you run cooker? How do you find it stability wise? I dont need
100% stability, but I would like it to be semi-usable and its a sacrifice Im
willing to make to possibly improve xinerama/X/AA in KDE. I was told that
the AA problem is indeed a problem with RENDER in X, not KDE or QT. So Im
hoping its been fixed in 4.1.0

	I was upset to find that you cant run X with GL and xinerama at the
same time. Even software GL. I ran  UT while in Xinerama mode and got the
weirdest output, the first head went black and then different objects from
the intro ( a brick here, a brick there) kinda went past very slowly, and it
wouldnt accept any input :) It was *very* weird :)

	This is another thing I hope they improve soonish. Itd be nice to
have DRI and xinerama at the same time, even if it was just limited to the
first head.