[plug] en_GB kde i18n

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 15 10:55:57 WST 2001

Cheers for that, of the two emails that I've read so far(actually, Thomas
Diehl who runs the whole i18n show made me change email to E-Mail due to
there being an inconsistency with spelling it like e-mail, Email etc.), it
appears that people would prefer to keep program as a way of distinguishing
it from programme. Personally I prefer to write programme for everything as
I have found that other european languages tend to have the same spelling,
plus if you're new to the language, how are you going to determine the
pronunciation of 'program'?

By our German/French language rules, the word 'program' would be pronounced
the same way that you say 'serum' as the double m and and e validate the
'and' sound you're looking for in the a (people quite often ask me, "well
what about 'kilogram' etc?" but if you look in and old dictionary you'll
find that that was spelt 'kilogramme' and always was until the Americans
changed it).

Until I get some more feedback, I'll keep it as 'program' but I have
included 'programme' as a valid keyword in some word searches.

Seeya then (keep giving me feedback!). :)
anarchist tomato