[plug] OT: Anyone not like Durons?

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Wed Jul 18 16:50:02 WST 2001

	Sounds like a severe case of user error. :)

	From what Ive seen, most *crashes* are caused by 2 things

	1) Typically, Windows is a pile of crud
	2) More often, it is a 3D setup issue, more than likely a shared IRQ
on a 3D AGP card, or some version conflict with Direct X.

	Motherboards, especially early Athlon ones, mightve been crap also.

	Ive had an Athlon 1 gig for a while now and, under Linux at least,
it performs admirably. Its good under windows too, but I havent booted into
windows for ages so I cant really comment on its long term usage.