FW: FW: [plug] Help Please

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Thu Jul 26 09:28:02 WST 2001

	ok, I believe it sounds like you dont have cdrecord etc installed,
and so koncd cant find the cd burner (I *think* cdrecord provides this kind
of 'scan' functionality).

	If xcdroast finds your cd-burner, then it probably is setup
correctly on the OS side.

	xcdroast cant find your cdrom? very strange...... So basically, can
you burn a cd (maybe build an iso image of your home directory and burn
that) from xcdroast?

	Remember that you have to setup xcdroast as root.... actually, under
KDE I think you are forced to run xcdroast as root because KDE complains
about it if you set the suid bit. BUt run it as root and setup your
burner/cdrom (if you can) plus the directory where you will put adhoc iso
images to burn.

	Give it a try anyway...but it sounds to me like koncd install is
broken - type "rpm -qa |grep cdrec" for me and see if the cdrecord rpm is
installed.

	Perhaps KreateCD relies on these packages as well? Its funny, maybe
the dependencies are broken??????