[plug] Re: Fwd: Test message

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 26 15:14:30 WST 2001

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Bret Busby wrote:
> The following message was sent to the PLUG mailing list at the time shown
> below, today, and appears to have not reached the mailing list. One that I sent
> yesterday, also appears to have not reached the mailing list, and, other
> messages that I have sent, to other, unrelated mailing lists, appear to have
> not reached the mailing lists.
>
> None of these messages have bounced.

It has just occurred to me, as to why the messages had not bounced; they had
bounced, but, with iinet apparently altering the From addresses, the bounce
messages had no valid email address, to which to be delivered; so, no doubt, the
bounce messages bounced.

By the way, with iinet either eating most of the emails, or, just delaying them
by a matter of days, if the message above got to the mailing list, it has not
yet come from the mailing list, back to me.

Perhaps, in a few days, or weeks, when iinet either wakes up their pigeons, or,
makes the pigeons spit out the messages that they have eaten, ...

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988