[plug] honeymoon is over - Telstra introduces traffic cap on freedom ADSL

Benjamin Keith bjkeith at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 7 11:15:05 WST 2001

How about suggesting to Telstra that they offer a "rollover" type download limit
so that if you don't use your 3 GB limit during the first month, any unused
quota can be added to the second months quota...just like some of the mobile
plans.  As long as you don't download more than 3 GB per month then eventually
you will be able to download that 10 GB's of data (dvd's?).  They would still
probably cap the amount you can have stored but I'm sure they could handle you
to have a 10-15 GB grab session over a month...just not every month.  This way
you have still payed for the data you have downloaded - the only drawback I can
see from their end is increased amount of admin...