[plug] Modem faster under Linux?

Mark Nold markn at enspace.com
Sat Jun 16 10:34:51 WST 2001

Hi guys,

I just installed a firewall with smoothwall and my 56K modem. When im
downloading files now i get around 6-7KB / Second , compared to the same modem
giving me 3-4KB MAX before under windows. This is great by why would this be
so? My understanding has been that a 56K modem maximum should be 7Kilobytes /
second and now i seem to be reaching that.

BTW: Smoothwall seems very good, i've been running it for a few days now and
quite impressed. The install and config was extreemly simple, and the web
interface is fantastic for a headless box.

Pleasantly surprised,

mn

Mark Nold
markn at enspace.com
Senior Consultant

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.