[plug] PalmPilot m100

Mike Hasleby hasm at ljbc.wa.edu.au
Mon Jun 18 15:25:31 WST 2001

Phil Steege wrote:

> On Saturday 16 June 2001 01:43 am, Mark Nold wrote:
> > There is a lot of tools for Palms out there (see freshmeat.net), when i
> > installed RH7.1 with KDE it came with KPilot which is the only tool i use
> > (sync, backup, edit memo's, addresses + file transfer). I also have a slew
> > of command line tools like pilot-xfer and pilot-mail.
> >

> I like Jpilot also.  No problems setting it up and syncing.
> I am using a Palm IIIc, so I cannot help you with the m100 unit.
> I am waiting for KOrganizer to get Palm support.  They promise it will be
> there soon.  Maybe in KDE 2.2
> The command line tools are pretty powerful also.  Check out the pilot command
> line tools by doing a "man pilot-link".  (assumes you have the pilot-link rpm
> loaded...:)
>
> Phil

Thaks for your help guys.  I picked up a m100 on Friday evening and
found jpilot works a treat.  Great for syncing stuff I enter via the
computer to the PalmPilot.

If anyone else is interested Strathfield had them on special for $289
and Palm Australia have a $50 cashback for purchases till end of June.
I'm very impressed with it!!
--
Mike Hasleby
Computer Technician