[plug] bind

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Mar 12 11:10:20 WST 2001

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Kai wrote:

> Orright, I did:
> fuser -vn tcp 133
> and got
> 		USER	PID	ACCESS	COMMAND
> 113/tcp		root	409	f....	identd
> 		root	413	f....	identd
> 		root	414	f....	identd
> 		root	415	f....	identd
> 		root	416	f....	identd
>
> fuser -vn udp 133 shows nothing...
>
> If I already have the services running then why is it trying to
> reactivate those services?

'bout the only thing I can think of is you have both a standablone daemon
running, AND you have also told inetd to run an identd.

grep ident /etc/inetd.conf

If the line doen't begin with a '#' then you need to edit /etc/inetd.conf
comments out that line and then run "service inetd reload"

That should fix the problem, if my initial guess was correct.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */