[plug] ADSL in Perth-unknown, but driver modem news

Darrell Horrocks darrellh at kpbg.wa.gov.au
Tue Mar 13 17:23:33 WST 2001

Just interested in this too, as I have just helped a friend connect up a linux
gateway to Bigpond ADSL.  This isn't working as it should (due to a faulty SECOND
network card) but I can definitely see the internet out through the "home modem".

The procedure isn't particularly hard, you just need to download some PPPoE
software (forget the name of the one that I used) and configure that to "dial"
etc.

Once we have a second (working) network card in the machine, then the fun of
configuring the gateway ensues.

But yes, BigPond are using Dynamic addressing.

Regards all

Darrell

<included email has been edited.>