[plug] ADSL in Perth-unknown, but driver modem news

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Tue Mar 13 17:30:37 WST 2001

G'day,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 05:23:33PM +0800, Darrell Horrocks wrote:
> The procedure isn't particularly hard, you just need to download some PPPoE
> software (forget the name of the one that I used) and configure that to "dial"
> etc.

(from the web site below):

	PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) is a protocol used by
	many ADSL Internet Service Providers.  Roaring Penguin has a free
	client for Linux, NetBSD and Solaris systems to connect to PPPoE
	service providers.

I think there are couple choices but the more popular one is
rp-pppoe from:

	http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/

Later,

Jason Nicholls