[plug] Installing Debian

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Wed Mar 21 02:33:50 WST 2001

I have the distributions sharing a swap partition, but I didn't make
any specific boot partitions, and it appears that they're installed as
directories and not partitions in RH7.0 and Debian2.2r2.  I could
simply combine the two in the RH7.0 /boot directory, as I did with
mandrake7.2, and not worry about /boot in the debian partition, right?
This leads me to other quesitons:
There's been suggestions following this email to the group that other
directories can be mounted on their own partitions and used
interchangeably with each linux distro install.  Which directories are
these?  If using the same /home directory for both distros on a
separate (?) partition of the HDD, where should I install programs for
each distro?  I'm assuming that a red hat .rpm won't work if installed
on a shared partition with debian while running debian, right?

TIA,

Ari

Original message from: "Simon Scott (SSC)" <simon.scott at flexiplan.com>