[plug] Telnet/X unexpectedly quitting?

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed Mar 21 15:16:23 WST 2001

Andrew,

Are you using NAT/IP masquerading on the server for your internal machine?
I used to get that problem and realised it was the ipmasq timeouts, set
for two hours on my server, closed an idle telnet or ssh session after it
timed out. Telnetting into the server and then outside works fine for me
as it doesn't use NAT.

Though I'm not sure as how this would relate to your X session it might
be a start.

Spurious thoughts,

Bernard.

--