[plug] upgrading to netscape6

alan howard alanh at wn.com.au
Sat Mar 24 16:33:39 WST 2001

On Sunday 25 March 2001 05:12, Jon Miller wrote:
> I would like to know where to install netscape6 if i'm updating from
> netscape4.7.  I can see files from netscape in various places
> (/home/username/.netscape; /root/.netscape; /usr/lib/netscape).  IS there a
> way to upgrade the application using the script installer?  Or do I have to
> remove netscape first.  Also I noticed there are a lot of language
> components can they be deleted?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon

hi jon,
as far as i know both netscapes can be on your system at the same time. there
is no upgrade method, but you could install netscape 6, import your mail and
address book from netscape 4.7? and then delete it. also , having tried
netscape 6.01 (and various mozzillas), i wouldnt recomend it. it is still
very buggy and tends to crash a lot ( also tends to be a bit slower).
netscape 6 , installs by default to /usr/local/netscape

regards
alan howard