[plug] unsubscibe ATTN: LIST OWNER

Mike erazmus at wantree.com.au
Mon Mar 26 13:14:24 WST 2001

At 11:36 AM 26/3/2001 +0800, Steve Vertigan <vertigan at bigfoot.com> wrote:

>If we *were* to go down the 'intelligence test' route (and I'm not
>saying we should(nt) what about making the confirmation address not
>available in the reply-to or from header of the email but inside the
>body of the instructions?  So you have to read the instructions, then
>cut'n'paste the address which is presumably -below- the unsubscription
>instructions.  This has the added benefit of looking more like an
>administrative oversight than an elitist measure. :)

Interesting point, the subscriber would therefore recall their
subscription paradigm in context with the procedure necessary
to unsubscribe that alone might very well reduce list taffic
if it were not for the fact that other lists the person were on
may make them forget and hence they send unsub to lists as
they'd seen on it other lists (monkey see... etc),

Rgds

Mike