[plug] newbie, adsl, and linux internet sharing queries

Ryan ryan at slowest.net
Sun May 20 00:44:43 WST 2001

No - Don't connect the ADSL modem to the hub. Read this:
http://www.cantech.net.au/plug/2001-05/msg00140.html

In it's simplest form it boils down to firewalling/compromising
your entire network, or firewalling/compromising 1 machine

Set up a gateway machine with two NICs - 1 for ADSL in
from the modem and 1 for ETH out to the hub for the rest
of the machines to leech off.

Ryan