[plug] [OT] OnRamp Home Highway calls and DoV

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Thu Nov 1 22:23:56 WST 2001

Hiya all,

Just a quick question for anyone that has an OnRamp Home Highway service
installed.

How do you know if a call is charged at STD rates ??? (i.e. above 25kms and
therefore timed).

I have plugged an analogue phone into the TEL 1 port of the NT1Plus and
dialed my ISP's dialup number (which I think maybe further than 25 kms) and
I don't get any of the normal STD phone beeps. The same goes for when I dial
their voice number (since they are both at the same premise I thought I
would double check, given that there voice line is most likely analogue).

My problem is that I was under the impression that the call was going to be
over 25kms and therefore I am a bit reluctant to ring for hours on end just
in case I get a big bill.

Hope someone out there can help.

Michael Hunt

P.S. Matt are WASP's problems all ironed out and are you supporting DoV on
indial (this is my long term goal for getting an OnRamp).