[plug] Multiple X Servers - another issue

Mike Hasleby hasm at ljbc.wa.edu.au
Tue Nov 13 10:01:49 WST 2001

Hi Again everyone

I think we've solved most of the problems we were having. I can get both
displays running at once, each using their own keyboard/mouse.

At the moment I have two X server binaries, XFree86-1 and XFree86-2,
each running their own display. The problem is that when XFree86-2
starts up, display #1 locks up (ie, no screen updates at all, and no
response to keyboard/mouse). As soon as I shut down the second X server,
the first comes back to life. Any ideas how I can get both to work
together at once?

The shell script I'm using to start the servers and run programs (just
to test that everything's going) is as follows:

#!/bin/sh

/usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86-1 :0 -layout Layout1 &
sleep 2

export DISPLAY=:0
kwrite &

sleep 10
/usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86-2 :1 -delay -layout Layout2 &
sleep 10

export DISPLAY=:1
gedit &

Any help anyone could give us would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

--
Mike Hasleby
Computer Technician