[plug] Uni Course - UWA or Curtin?

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 17 17:18:34 WST 2001

Another point you might like to consider.  Many "older" types dont like
the way teaching is done at Curtin (or UWA).  The teaching methods are
aimed at the age group that have just left school.  Nothing wrong with
that, it works, but the last figures I saw showed 5% curtin as mature
aged whilst approx 50% at Murdoch where the environment is better suited
to the different requirements of this group.  I dont think its so much
"one course is better than the other", but what method and environment
you will learn in best.  To be acredited, each degree must meet the same
criteria, the rest is marketing, approach to teaching, image etc.  Then
there's the "old school tie" effect which is where UWA is currently top
of the heap, but that seems to be diluting these days.

And yes, there's plent of Linux (and SUN's if you want) at Murdoch when
required - depends on the subjects/streams you are undertaking.

BillK

ps: any cracks about my mature age will be met by loud 70's music!