[plug] Incoming Telnet Priority

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Nov 23 11:30:09 WST 2001

Sure. edit /etc/xinetd.conf or /etc/inetd.conf if you still use it, and
add "nice -n -15" to the beginning of the command.

Your inetd line would read:
telnet          stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/bin/nice -n 15 /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.telnetd

and for xinetd:

service telnet
{
	socket_type     = stream
	protocol        = tcp
	wait            = no
	user            = root
	server          = /usr/bin/nice
	server_args	= -n 15 /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
}

That'll help, at least. Won't deal with out-of-memory problems though.