[plug] Incoming Telnet Priority

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Nov 23 16:25:35 WST 2001

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 craig at postnewspapers.com.au wrote:

> Sure. edit /etc/xinetd.conf or /etc/inetd.conf if you still use it, and
> add "nice -n -15" to the beginning of the command.

I think thats a waste of time. The rougue process will already be 'niced'
by the kernel, due to high usage. The real problem is swapping, and thats
hopefully solved by limiting memory for the process.

--
The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and
enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to